Motivation - Achievement - Success - Development
Psychology - Achieve - Motivate - Behaviour
Abnormal Psychology In A Changing World
Puts a human face on the study of Abnormal Psychology,now with DSM-5 coverage throughout.
Abnormal Psychology in a Changing World, 9/e uses first-person narratives from people struggling with psychological disorders as a pedagogical framework. Updated to reflect the revision of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM-5), the authors endeavor to bring research developments and advancements in abnormal psychology to students. Through illustrative case examples drawn from the authors' own experiences, they recognize there is a human dimension to the study of abnormal psychology.
The 9th edition includes coverage of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM-5), with updated text references and examples throughout.
MyPsychLab is an integral part of the Nevid / Rathus / Greene program. Key learning applications include MyPsychLab video series with new virtual case studies.
Teaching & Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience - for you and your students. Here's how:
- Personalize Learning - MyPsychLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program. It helps students prepare for class and instructor gauge individual and class performance.
- Explore Theory - Integrating Theoretical Perspectives -The authors examine the many different theoretical perspectives that inform contemporary understanding of abnormal psychology and help students integrate these diverse viewpoints in the Tying it Togetherfeature.
- Improve Critical Thinking - Controversies in Abnormal Psychology- Spotlighting controversies encourages students to think critically about these important issues and examine different points of view. The Controversies in Abnormal Psychology feature includes several critical thinking questions that challenge students to think further about the issues discussed in the text.
- Understand Diversity - Integrating Diversity - The authors examine abnormal behavior patterns in relation to factors of diversity such as ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. Students need to understand how issues of diversity affect the conceptualization of abnormal behavior as well as the diagnosis and treatment of psychological disorders.
- Engage Students - A Closer Look- Provides opportunities for further exploration of selected topics that reflect contemporary issues and concerns. Many of these enable students to apply information in the text to their own lives.
- Support Instructors - A full set of supplements, including MyPsychLab, provides instructors with all the resources and support they need.
0205965016 / 9780205965014 Abnormal Psychology in a Changing World Plus NEW MyPsychLab with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0205206514 / 9780205206513 NEW MyPsychLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card
0205961711 / 9780205961719 Abnormal Psychology in a Changing World
Contemporary Advances In Sport Psychology
Contemporary Advances in Sport Psychology brings together leading international researchers to showcase some of the most important emerging topics in contemporary sport psychology. Each chapter offers a comprehensive review of current knowledge and research on a cutting-edge theme, followed by in-depth discussion of conceptual and methodological issues, and then outlines potential avenues for further research.
The book covers themes including:
- Contemporary personality perspectives
- Choking models of stress and performance
- Coping in sport
- Relational-efficacy beliefs
- Self-determination theory
- Transformational leadership
- Organizational psychology in sport
- Quantitative and qualitative methods in sport psychology
The review format provides the perfect entry point for all researchers, advanced students or practitioners looking to engage with the latest research themes in contemporary sport psychology, offering a greater depth of discussion than the typical journal article. Informing knowledge generation, applied research and professional practice,Contemporary Advances in Sport Psychology is an essential addition to any sport science library.
For courses in Abnormal Psychology
Explore the science and humanity of abnormal psychology
Abnormal Psychology: A Scientist-Practitioner Approach portrays the human face of various psychological conditions, helping students to understand that abnormal behavior is complex and subject to many different forces. Authors Deborah Beidel, Cynthia Bulik, and Melinda Stanley - all active researchers, clinicians, and educators - bring abnormal psychology to life via a scientist-practitioner approach that integrates biological data with research from the social and behavioral sciences. The Fourth Edition offers expanded coverage of disorders emphasized in the DSM-5, as well as discussions of contemporary issues that foster student interest.
Available to package with Abnormal Psychology, Fourth Edition, MyPsychLab Â® is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. MyPsychLab is ideal for courses requiring robust assessments.
Abnormal Psychology: A Scientist-Practitioner Approach, Fourth Edition is also available via REVEL, an interactive learning environment that replaces the print textbook, enabling students to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience. REVEL is ideal for courses where student engagement and mobile access are important.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyLab & Mastering does not come packaged with this content. Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyLab & Mastering, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN and Course ID. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
0134667832 / 9780134667836Â Â Abnormal Psychology: A Scientist-Practitioner Approach plus MyPsychLab with eText - Access Card Package, 4/e
Package consists of:
- 013423894X / 9780134238944Â Abnormal Psychology: A Scientist-Practitioner Approach, 4/e
- 0205206514 / 9780205206513Â MyPsychLab with eText Access Card
Achieve Global Articles
Achieve Global Books